‘Like’ this post to get regular updates and to tell which ingredient you want to know about next…..
- Maybe because it contains 212 amino acids and several enzymes, including those that aid digestion, discourage acid reflux, prevents infection, kills intestinal worms, controls dandruff, relieves IBS, repairs ulcers and reduces post surgery swelling.
- Maybe because they contain an antioxidant which is thought to play a protective role in eye health and possibly ward off damage from macular degeneration.
- Maybe because they contain vitamin K which improves calcium absorption and bone development.
- Maybe because foods rich in flavonoids combat asthma, cancers and degenerative diseases.
- Maybe because its fibre has an impact on type 1 diabetes, lowers cholesterol, prevents constipation and fights heart disease
- Maybe because of the vitamin A and C it has and which is needed for sebum production leading to a glossy coat.
- Maybe because it is rich in choline – a versatile nutrient that aids sleep, muscle movement, learning and memory. It is also needed for regulating nerve impulses, the absorption of fat and can help relieve arthritis pain, sports injuries and allergies.
- Maybe that is why the Mayans called it the “Tree of Life”.