‘Like’ this post to get regular updates and to tell which ingredient you want to know about next…..
- Maybe because it fights cancer, heart disease, irritable bowel syndrome, anaemia and boosts the immune system due to it’s levels of the antioxidant vitamin A, potassium, folic acid, rutin, iron, glutathione, anti-inflammatory saponins and soluble fibre.
- Maybe because it is low in calories, cholesterol, fat and sodium. It also has a high water content so 7g of dehydrated asparagus packs in as much nutrition as 100g of fresh asparagus.
- Maybe because it is a mild diuretic and so helps to detoxify the body and combat cystitis.
- Maybe because it contains the prebiotic inulin to stimulate the growth of friendly bacteria in the gut, soothing the stomach and aiding digestion.
- Maybe because it contains vitamins C and E to improve skin, coat and nails and chromium for energy.
- Maybe because it is rich in so many different vitamins, amino acids and minerals eg vitamins B1, B2 B6 and K and calcium, magnesium, zinc, protein, beta-carotene, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, phosphorus, copper, manganese, pantothenic acid and selenium.